Like most coders, I'll put on a YouTube mix, or let Pandora shuffle about in the background while working. But once in a while it's just nice to just have some ambient background noise.
Sure, you could have a fan blowing around, but what about the background noise of the TARDIS? Or the idling engines of the Enterprise? There's a ton of these up on YouTube, often lasting hours at a time.
Here's a sampling:
- The TARDIS
- Idling Enterprise 1701 (TOS)
- Idling Enterprise 1701-D (TNG)
- TNG 1701-D Bridge Ambiance (with beeps and boops!)
- Idling Voyager "Crew Quarters" (with appropriate sleeping crew imagery)
- Voyager Astrometrics Ambiance
- Voyager Engineering Warp Core Ambiance
- DS9 Infirmary Ambiance
- Starfleet Academy Courtyard Ambiance
- Starfleet Academy Administration Ambiance
- Earth Spacedock Operations Background Ambiance
- Blade Runner "Sounds of the City"
- Forbidden Planet Background Ambiance
- Nostromo Engine Ambiance (from the 'Alien' movies)
- Ambient Sound from the Journey to Jupiter (from 2001)
- Background ambiance from the streets of Coruscant (Star Wars)
- Background ambiance from the streets of Nar Shaddaa (Star Wars)
- Idling background noise from the original Battlestar Galactica
- Hoth Atmospheric Ambiance / Snowstorm (Star Wars)
- Sith Sanctum Background Ambiance (Star Wars)
- Generic Space Background Sound